Attention! Extremely high tension
Conversion of a switchgear system
In the former transformer house in Mainz, the visitors themselves become switching professionals. According to our plans, employees of the Stadtwerke Mainz have converted original switch cabinets – formerly they supplied the Mainz city centre with electricity – into a energising quiz interface.
Who switches faster?
In preparation, visitors explore phenomena on interactive experimental fields. For example, they discover how metal balls are made to float or how they generate voltage by laying on their hands. In the control room, they first interactively explore connections to electricity, water and gas before playfully testing their knowledge with others in the control centre.
Visible from the outside
In order to draw the attention of the visitors to the previously rather closed place, the entrance will be designed with an inviting and at the same time protective entrance area. A blackboard at the door to the transformer room provides information, and the windows facing the Rheinstraße provide initial insights into the subject matter, even in the dark, thanks to slides and projections.
Conception and scenography
- Development of visit dramaturgy and Main Idea
- Content development and exhibition concept
Design and planning
- Exhibition design and planning in all project phases
- Graphics development
- Project management (all phases)
- Production monitoring and cost management
- Content management and content production
- Graphic production
- Client: Stadtwerke Mainz AG
- Execution period: 04/2006 – 09/2006
- Exhibition area: 150 sqm