Emanuel Lasker – chess world champion
A chess world champion on a hike
Who was Emanuel Lasker? What makes his life and work so extraordinary and multi-faceted? For the Emanuel Lasker Society, we developed a mobile exhibition that pays tribute to the work of Emanuel Lasker and presents the cultural assets of chess and the work of the Lasker Society to a wider audience.
Playing black and white
We held the exhibition in black and white. On the one hand it shows the closeness to chess, on the other hand it gives the greatest possible colour contrast. Thus the readability of the texts is also guaranteed. As this is a travelling exhibition, the rooms in which the exhibition is located are also different in their colourfulness. The black-and-white exhibition blends harmoniously into every room and yet stands out due to its colourful reduction.
Conception and scenography
- Development of dramaturgy and main idea
- Content development and exhibition conception
Design and planning
- Exhibition design and planning in all project phases
- Graphics and guidance systems
Project management and implementation
- Implementation as general contractor
- Project management (all phases)
- Production supervision and cost management
- Content management and content production
- Client: Emanuel Lasker Gesellschaft e.V.
- Execution period: 03/2012 – 10/2012
- Exhibition area: variabel