Aerospace Science Center
Seeing the world through different eyes. Following a Europe-wide call for tenders, we were awarded the contract to develop the “Cosmos Cologne™” Science Center together with Petri & Tiemann GmbH. Together with scientists from the European Space Agency (ESA) and the German Aerospace Center (DLR), we developed a concept that focuses on the human spirit of research.
Discover your inner researcher
At Cosmos Cologne™, visitors become researchers themselves. On their journey, they discover flying and space, explore the Earth from space and finally experience the dimension of space travel on Earth. Their curiosity, their urge for knowledge and their imagination are the motor for an exciting journey through the fascinating topics of aerospace research.
At Cosmos Cologne™, architecture and exhibition content correspond in a unique way. The building aspires in its entire form to the sky. Inside, the visitor experiences this motif through a slow upward movement, which reaches its climax in an outstanding branch – a turning point also within the exhibition. A huge globe rotates in the centre of the building, which is surrounded by the exhibition rooms. The architecture leads the visitor on his expedition to Earth.
- Concept study
- Location search and assessment
Conception and scenography
- Positioning and thematization
- Development of visit dramaturgy and Main Idea
- Content development and exhibition concept
- Media conception and storyboarding
- Development of interactive exhibits
Design and planning
- Architecture and urban planning
- Exhibition design
- Client: Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR), Europäische Weltraumorganisation (ESA)
- Execution period: seit 2004
- Exhibition area: approx. 5000 sqm