Brothers Grimm Cultural Centre
Interactive experience exhibition
For the city of Hanau, we developed as a partner of the project development company HBB an experience-oriented exhibition in which the most famous sons of the city – the Brothers Grimm – take centre stage.
The dream world of the Brothers Grimm
In the listed building on the centrally located Schlossplatz – currently the location of the city library – a Brüder Grimm Cultural Centre will be built, which will appeal to a broad, international audience with a cross-generational concept and bring the Grimms’ imagination to life.
The search for vocabulary
The visitors dive into the dream world of the Brothers Grimm, where they experience adventures to fairy tales, politics, history and language – and experience at the end how they carry the “vocabulary” in themselves.
In close consultation with the Brothers Grimm Expert Commission and in cooperation with representatives of the local and regional educational landscape, we have developed a concept which demonstrates the diversity of the topics and the variety of the Brothers Grimm. The public was also actively involved in the conception process.
- Further and new development of the existing feasibility study
- Visit forecast
- Analysis of economic efficiency
Conception and scenography
- Positioning and thematization
- Further development of visit dramaturgy and
- Content development and exhibition concept
- Media conception and storyboarding
- Development of interactive exhibits
Design and planning
- Exhibition design
- Architectural vision in coordination with the planning team for structural engineering (RKW)
- Client: Stadt Hanau
- Execution period: 09/2010 – 05/2011
- Exhibition area planned: approx. 2.000 sqm