In the middle of Lutherstadt Wittenberg
“Markt 25” is the name of the traditional address of the Science Center Futurea. Neighbors of Cranach and Luther once lived here. Today, an interactive exhibition conveys lively knowledge about chemistry, agriculture and nutrition and spans an arc from the beginnings of agriculture to ultra-modern agricultural technology.
Enthusiasm for chemistry
Chemistry in school? Not necessarily a favourite subject for everyone. The Futurea Science Center aims to make it possible to experience how fascinating chemistry is, how naturally it surrounds us in everyday life and how crucial knowledge of natural cycles was for human nutrition.
Either atom or globe
We have chosen the spherical shape as the connecting motif for the very diverse themes and stories of the exhibition. Spheres accompany visitors on their way from the Renaissance to the present day – always different and changeable: sometimes tiny like an atom or a fertiliser ball, sometimes as big as the globe, which shows us the world’s pressing themes, sometimes as a light production like in a staircase. Finally, visitors can send a sphere with their own personal message into the future.
Family Blume invites you to dinner
But let’s start at the beginning: The Blume family, once influential citizens and residents of the magnificent house on the market square – which today is linked to the neighbouring house to form an inner unity – welcomes us. We immerse ourselves in the history of agriculture in productions with a great deal of attention to detail, such as the historical kitchen or Liebig’s laboratory.
- Concept and Feasibility study
- Economical analysis
- Visit forecast
- Marketing and public relations
- Moderation of development and decision-making processes
Conception and scenography
- Concept positioning and thematic definition
- Development of dramaturgy and main idea
- Content development and exhibition conception
- Media conception and storyboarding
- Development of interactive exhibits
Design and planning
- Exhibition design and planning in all project phases
- Development of a Corporate Identity
- Graphics and guidance systems
- exhibits and furniture
Project management and implementation
- Project management (all phases)
- Tenders and awarding
- Production supervision and cost management
- Content management and content production
- Business consulting
- Client: SKW Piesteritz GmbH
- Execution period: 04/2014 – 03/2017
- Exhibition area: 1000 sqm